Financial Aid Night Resources
Financial Aid Night is held in September or October. The date for the 2020-21 school year is to be determined. Please reference the resources below from the previous year.
- Find some of the main information here .
- Key presenters included: Lebanon Valley College Financial Aid, Thrivent Financial, PHEAA, and Citizen's Bank.
- Find the contact information for the presenters and resources here .
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) is the key to accessing most financial aid for college.
- Complete the FASFA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- The FAFSA can be completed after October 1.
- The FASFA serves as the application for the Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA State Grant). PHEAA State Grant deadline is May 1st.
- Pell Grant is funded by the federal government. The FASFA must be filled out in order for grant eligibility to be determined.
- Even if you miss a deadline, still complete and submit the FAFSA. There may be the possibility of late awards.
FAFSA Tips / Help
- It is easier to fill out the FASFA once tax returns have been completed.
- Make sure the student’s social security number is correct.
- Be sure the FASFA application is signed by all parties (parent/guardian and student).
- Create a pin at https://pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp to sign the FASFA electronically.
- Find a free FAFSA Completion Help Event (Hyperlink to PHEAA) near you.
- Visit the prospective colleges/universities financial aid website or contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Visit fafsa.ed.gov .
Seniors have the opportunity to apply for many scholarships beginning in late Fall. All of the scholarship applications that are sent to Bishop McDevitt are placed in Naviance . Students will sign directly into their account to view and apply for them. There will also be some hard copies of applications available in the Counseling Center. Below are some more popular scholarships. Students must coordinator with Mrs. Grasa in the Counseling Department to ensure all applications have the required documents attached.
- Collegeboard – Big Future
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarship Fund
- Nursing Scholarship