Ways to give to Bishop McDevitt High School
Gifts to Bishop McDevitt High School may be made in a variety of ways. Each gift, regardless of size, is welcome and deeply appreciated. For your assistance, we have listed a variety of ways to give to our school:
- Gifts of cash and checks: The simplest and most common method of supporting Bishop McDevitt is to contribute a cash gift. Please make checks payable to Bishop McDevitt High School. The tax deduction is taken in the year the gift is made.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Some corporations encourage employees and their spouses to make charitable contributions, matching their gifts on a dollar-for-dollar basis. In some cases, corporations may even contribute as much as two or three dollars for every dollar given by its employees. In all cases, corporate matching gifts are credited to the donor in the amount designated by the matching gift arrangement.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities: For outright gifts of appreciated long-term securities, deduction is equal to the fair market value of the securities on the date the donor relinquishes control of the assets to Bishop McDevitt High School. None of the appreciation has to be realized by the donor.
- Donate online: Visit our website, www.bishopmcdevitt.org, and click on “Donate Now.”
- Gifts and payments by credit card: A gift by credit card may be made during school business hours over the telephone using a VISA or MasterCard. Your gift will be credited immediately.
- Pledges: Bishop McDevitt offers the opportunity to pledge a gift amount to be paid in installments. This option may allow you to increase your gift to the Bishop McDevitt Annual Fund. We also accept pledge payments with a credit card.
- Wills and Estates: Provisions can be made to benefit both your family and Bishop McDevitt High School. Please contact your attorney for the many options you have in giving through a will or trust to benefit Bishop McDevitt High School. Please see our Planned Giving tab to learn more about Planned Giving.